• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
blandy

Custom Cages

blandy

Been looking at cage options and come accross custom cages which dont seem to badly priced, a 6 point weld in with crossed door bars that go through the dash (what i want) retails at £475 so seems cheap and a multipoint comes at about £670. But as we all know sometimes you get what you pay for etc. Ive done a search but no info on here about them as general options seem to be safety devices or omp..

Has any one had any experience with them?

Batfink

Seen a few cages from them and they look pretty good to me. Last one was on a Sierra Cosworth Rally replica. They radius the ends so they are pretty straightforward to fit.

jackherer

A mate of mine has one in his 205, it has outlived two shells and is in a third now.

allanallen

A mate of mine has one in his 205, it has outlived two shells and is in a third now.

How does he get them in? Roof and pillars off? :o

jackherer

Through the boot opening IIRC, although I was only involved with fitting it once and it was a few years back.

I did take the roof off to get it out once.

post-3-0-50840300-1394216835_thumb.jpg

blandy

Wow dedication there do you know which cage it is in there? Nice to see good reviews though as at the min price wise I'm between a 2nd hand sd multipoint bolt in and the 6 point custom cage weld in

jackherer

I don't know which model it is, it's quite old too, it must be ten years old at least so it might have changed since it was made.

Miles

I have known some of the parts to be mixed up or wrong, That's from 106 and 306 cages over the last couple of years, Mainly front legs to the suspension top mounts but fairly easy to fix