• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dj_mini

15X8 Wheels What Offset?

Dj_mini

I am after a bit of guidance I am trying to upgrade my front wheels to 8x15 does any one run these if so what offset are you using? (mine will be slightly different as I have colins set up using 406 hubs)

I currently have 7x15 ET18 fitted these are tight to the spring pan so allowing for the extra width 25mm / 2 = 12.5

So the offset for the new wheel should be ET18 - 12.5 = ET 5.5.

The problem is team dynamics can only supply low as ET10 so they will either not fit at all or I will end up with a silly spacer that im not keen on as it will end up with very little contact with the centre of the hub flange and the centre bore of the wheel.

So I am thinking of having an offset of say ET20 so I can run a 20mm hub centric spacer to get the offset to ET0

Thoughts please?

andy0075

I had 8x13 with ET0 on mine and it worked fine. no clearance problems.

You need wider arches to cover the wheels.

allanallen

405/406 uprights have e a greater distance between the strut and the hub/wheel mating face than a 205, so et 10 may well fit. If your tyre is touching the spring pan you'll need to fit shorter springs that's a given.

It's all dependant on how much wider track, what arches and where your strut top positions have been moved to aswell. As it's all custom it's very difficult for anyone to offer advice.

Why don't you speak to Colin, if anyone knows it'll be him.

rallyeash

Speak to revolution. I did this exercise and they can do you a ET00

Although I just bought 7x15 as I didn't want arches.

rallyeash

My thread of 'recommend me some wheels' had some good info.