• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dobboy

Halfords Alpine White Accuracy

dobboy

Has anyone tried Halfords Alpine white on a Ph1 or Ph1.5 ?

From what i've read my paint code is EWT.(i have no stencil)

Halfords say

"The Halfords Peugeot 'Alpine White' car spray paint is an exact match for the Peugeot codes: EWT, P0WT, P3WT & 1574. "

I'm not using it on the outer body (which i'll get matched/aged correctly), it's for parts of my engine bay.

Also, does anyone know if Citroen "alpine white" is the same colour?

"The Halfords Citroen 'Alpine White' car spray paint is an exact match for the Citroen codes EWT, GWT & 088. "

Which also containes the "EWT" code.

welshpug

If you want a decent match ask your local bodyshop where they get their paints, my local paint supplier will mix and fill aerosol cans to match the body.

stef205

I can't comment on the white but I had them mix me up a 500ml tin for the girlfriends red 106 gti and it was bang on. I've had one of their spray cans of the shelf and it wasn't a very good match.

Rich_p

I bought some alpine white from Halfords and it's very different from my paint!

Anthony

I've found that the Halfords Alpine White is very creamy coloured - it's miles out for the later white (Phase 2) and it's still too creamy for the earlier white (Phase 1 and 1.5).

I seem to remember that one of the other Peugeot whites is a much better match - although unhelpfully I can't remember the name now - but to be honest, I would get the paint from elsewhere.

dobboy

Cheers WP, this is for bits in my bay and i don't expect a great match.....i've bought a can for a trial to see. I have a variety of shades of white in the bay probably due to heat. I'll see whats underneath the creamy looking stuff after a cut at it.

Just wondering if anyone else has tried Halfords stuff out on their outer bodywork to know how far away it actually is/was.

• Like 1

dobboy

thanks all.

I don't even have a bit i can take off to go compare in the shop. I did notice the colour swab on the lid looked a bit creamy.

I'll try a wee bit and see.

Alastairh

Alpine white from halfords is similar to Ford Diamond cream white out the can.

They have mixed me a couple of cans of sorrento for me over the years with positive results.

Al

Tom Fenton

I seem to remember that one of the other Peugeot whites is a much better match - although unhelpfully I can't remember the name now - but to be honest, I would get the paint from elsewhere.

Bianca white is the one I think thats a better match.

But as said forget pre mixed cans, find a local paint factor and have it mixed and put in an aerosol.

rallyeash

My 205 was sprayed in POWT. Thought that was alpine?!

welshpug

yup.

309jazzpanda

if you get the to mix it the Halfords stuff can be quite good

dobboy

Got a couple of cans mixed up today by paint shop.

The guy say's that Alpine white was the name that dealers used in their catalogues to make it look fancy.

EWT means 2Pk

POWT means base coat and lacquer

He thinks there are 3 variations of this white

mowflow

I've just had a few tins of 2k made up. I took one of my wings into the paint shop and ended up leaving it with them for a few days as the computer gave a total of 9 variations of EWT and POWT. The guy suspected the wing had been resprayed since none of them matched. However, the paint on the inner return near the door was the same colour, there was no evidence of a step in the paint and I can say for a fact that that wing had never been removed from the car as spot welds on the top of the headlight panel were definitely factory. I took that wing because I knew for a fact the other one had been off at some point (sealer and welds were totally different)

Anyway. On my somewhat aged and weathered H reg phase 2 1.6GTi the colour was mixed to code D9-D175.3 I'm not sure if it's a (.) or a (-) before the 3 as it's hand written. Does anyone recognise the code format?