• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Nath88n

Number Plate Cutting

Nath88n

I got this plate scaled down to fit the recess of the front bumper, the problem is the company who made it didn't have the ability to cut it themselves.

Just wondering if anyone here had the tools/machine to cut the right hand side for me to match the left side?

I would pay of course.

796C7E96-E3BC-4470-81CC-6317993B6900.jpg

jamie_1992

i thought number plates had to be a particular size you could risk getting a fine if you use it on the road

a mate of mine got stung for his cut down motor bike plate

but to answer your question i would use a hack saw and wet and dry the edge to smooth it off

you could use an old number plate to get a straight cut

Wes

stanley knife to score through the reflective material then junior hacksaw to cut through the plastic. file the edges smooth to match the rest, simple.

aslong as its legal size and spaced digits it only needs an 11mm border all the way around.

Edited by Wes

m@ttc

i wouldn't pay anybody as said its pretty simple to do your self. cut an inch off the right hand side and use it to scribe a profile in the new position (same distance from the edge to the H, as the same distance from the top of the T on the right) cut it with a saw or stanley as said, better a band saw but if hand held saw mind the blade dont jump out your desired position and mark the good part, id use a stanley to scor the reflective bit, if i never had a band saw. Either method you choose cut it just in front of the line and abrade with a file and paper to make good