• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Vz_ace

Peugeot 205 Fuse Trays

Vz_ace

Hello.

Are fuse trays for all peugeot 205/309 models(diesel, petrol) the same, therefore are they interchangeable? I mean fuse trays only, without fuses&relays?

thanks,

Vlado ,SLO

MikeC

I wouldn't think so.

From Looking at the workshop manual there are four or five different types dependant on chassis number. As for the diesel i'm not sure.

welshpug

Would imagine for a gti you need one from a car with an electric fuel pump.

Vz_ace

I wouldn't think so.

From Looking at the workshop manual there are four or five different types dependant on chassis number. As for the diesel i'm not sure.

are differences in relays or cable sockets positions between them or what?

MikeC

On some there would be, Fuse positions would be different also.

Rolando

how would i find out if i have the right one for my gti? I've removed one from a phase 2 automatic in the summer. i copied all the relays and fuses from my other gti?

Ryan

There are only two types of fusebox - the one fitted to 99% of 205s, and a slightly different one fitted only to some very early models.

The differences in fuse and relay connections from one year to another are down to the looms.

Anthony

Despite what Servicebox suggests - most diesel and carb model fuse boards don't have the pins present for the injection fuel pump (the two in the rear most right socket)

I'm assuming that all replacement fuse boards are the GTi type with the injection pump pins present hence one part number being listed for all models, but certainly the above is true in my experience from what you'll actually find fitted to cars as they left the factory. Annoyingly I got about half way through swapping one a few years back before I discovered this!

Rolando

ahh brilliant thanks for that both of you. i'm in the middle of converting my phase 1 to everything phase 2 and its a pain in the ass at the moment remembering where all the plugs go let alone finding out i had the wrong fuse board lol much appreciated

steve@cornwall

Pretty sure I have one from a ph2 gti in the garage if you get stuck

Edited by steve@cornwall
  • Like 1