• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DC2T

Removing A Door

DC2T

I apologise if this has been covered but i couldnt find it with a search, i want to remove my doors as theyre getting in the way at the mo. I thought it was just the 4 bolts so removed them to find the check strap didnt just pop through, so i loosened the check strap and again it just didnt come through, do i just need to tap the roll pin through to seperate the check strap? or is there something else ive overlooked

thanks in advance

Redtop

Yes you need to knock the roll pin through on the checkstrap. Your door will be either held on by 2 double roll pins, or on the fresher cars 91 or so on, it will be 2 torx bolts at the hinge. I always found it easier to remove them here, rather than at the bolts, means your door gaps don't need re adjusting come fitting time.

DC2T

There were no torx bolts i could see, only a rollpin with a rollpin it looked like. Its only a base model so i duno if itd be different. Ill get my punches from work tomorrow and knock them out

DC2T

Just got it off, i see the torx screws you mean now and agree itd have been easier to remove those. Lesson learnt :)

Cheers