• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yorkshirekowboy

Refurbing Boot Gas Struts. Can This Been Done?

yorkshirekowboy

Hello, my boot struts are not up to much, so was wondering if they can be overhauled?. Its probs easier just to buy new ones,but I fancy trying to repair them that's all. Thanks danny

farmer

I seen a pair Magnetti Marelli ones on eBay for about £22 delivered hardly worth the overhaul at that price

yorkshirekowboy

Sweet, I'll check them out thanks.

joshsnoad

febi sell this on the after market, cheap as well. most motor factors stock febi, andrew page, gsf, euros defiantly do

welshpug

Saxo and 106 fit too, their bootlids are lighter so getting some from a ten year old car in a breakers would suffice.

happypatrol

I bought those cheap boots struts on ebay. Was a bit worried but they were great, brand new and got delivered from Latvia and took two secs to change. I wouldn't waste any time trying to fix them. And its also good knowing the boot won't hit you on the head next time you open it.

yorkshirekowboy

I bought those cheap boots struts on ebay. Was a bit worried but they were great, brand new and got delivered from Latvia and took two secs to change. I wouldn't waste any time trying to fix them. And its also good knowing the boot won't hit you on the head next time you open it.

Just ordered them. They are a good make so mine should be on their way ...