• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Bogsye

Radius Arm Shafts - Refitting

Bogsye

I'm about to press in my new Polish sourced shafts. Question is how far I press them in? Is there a particular distance or position?

Out of interest I bought a kit through eBay and it came with decent bearings

Thanks

Brian

welshpug

recessed by 2mm.

Alan_M

I'm about to press in my new Polish sourced shafts. Question is how far I press them in? Is there a particular distance or position?

Out of interest I bought a kit through eBay and it came with decent bearings

Thanks

Brian

Which kit is that? I need to order a couple of sets for a 205 & Xsara beam.

Bogsye

Thanks WP - I'm assuming that's the amount the outer bearing surface sits into the casting face.

It'll teach me to be more careful when dismantling - wasn't until it was blasted clean it was more apparent I should have ...

Alan It was the FR Autos place on the Bay. I've left the bits on my desk at work, but will photo them when I collect them later.

Thank,

Brian

Anthony

It's how far inwards the shaft should be from the outer end of the arm. As said, 2-3mm or so is about right.

The foam ARB seal sits in the recess created.

welshpug

I've used the same parts, bearings were snr which is the same as o.e, beam went together nicely.

Outer bearing goes in so its at the start of the chamfer, probably 1-2 mm at the most, though i have a tool that sets this depth for me so its just a case of tapping them in, same goes for the seal carrier collar, 2mm or so from the shoulder, not fully flush.

Bogsye

Thanks fellows - much appreciated :)

Alan - here are some photos of the parts. Just as Welshpug says in terms of manufacturer and needle count. Initially I couldn't see a set on their website for my car so I messaged them. A set then appeared, and as they advised I included my VIN to ensure the correct parts.

Delivery was also pretty swift.

11529625924_cd6d93b83e_t.jpg

205 Gti Rear Beam

11529708673_cfa1ca277e_t.jpg

205 Gti Rear Beam

Just need to update my project thread now......