• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Daniel306

Replacement Wings

Daniel306

After removing both of my wings iv found that one is a replacement and was never painted on the back, planing to replace both as they have rotted where the bumper bolts to them.

Where can i get good replacements? are Ecp wings any good? iv got one of there headlight panels and its ok but not perfect

rikky

Just bumping this as i'm in the same boat; looks like the ECP / CP4L ones don't have holes for the arch trim, eg base model, so not sure what the deal is there

A lot of the places I tried said the ones they have are the same and not GTi ones

Where are people getting them from, and costs?

Very reluctant to fit 2nd hand ones considering the shell will be going to a bodyshop anyway for paint

Edited by rikky

Batfink

I get mine from a place in Germany through work. We usually order loads of VW parts from the company but they do french stuff too. I think they work out about £40 each. They are insurance approved ones and seem reasonable quality. They are galvanised. They turn up with a few stratches on them as they are all stuck in a container with 100's of others but nothing serious like dents etc. I can get a few in if people want?

Kev

035C6BDE-B88B-4A9F-BC14-31BF4D508289_zps

welshpug

I see a dent :P:lol: have you tried to fit any yet Kev?

rikky

Cool, will bear in mind.. are the base model wings the same bar the holes for bodykit trim then? I heard the flare was different that's all

EDIT> also notice they have no repeater holes, presume it's just a case of putting your own in?

Edited by rikky

Batfink

I test fitted them but as I have no doors on the shell I could not see the panel gaps on that edge. Bonnet gap seemed good though. As for that dent...its a trick of the light lol The same company supplies me with very good VW panels so I expect these to be the same.

MikeC

Base model wings have a wider lip under the arch which has to be cut to fit the trim and does not have the holes for the trim. You could try and get Phase 1 wings which have no repeater hole from peugeot.

• Like 1

Ams

I just ordered two from Imperial at a cost of £130 5 minutes ago. :unsure: Are the ones pictured any better? I could just cancel the order if they are.

rory1

I got both my wings and front panel from ecp and got them all fitted last weekend and they fitted the car with no modification

The wings have the holes for the trims but no repeater holes cost under £100 for the lot

rikky

What was your ECP part number(s)? I wonder if the CP4L ones are exactly the same?

Ams

I got both my wings and front panel from ecp and got them all fitted last weekend and they fitted the car with no modification

The wings have the holes for the trims but no repeater holes cost under £100 for the lot

I checked with ECP in Glasgow and they told me they do not supply GTI wings anymore hence why I ended up dealing with Imperial. <_< Also the price on their system for the GTI wings (without indicator holes) was £62 each but this was including VAT?

ECP did supply me with the front panel though for £67.

Edited by Ams

johnhenry

What was your ECP part number(s)? I wonder if the CP4L ones are exactly the same?

CP4L & ECP are the same company, identical parts, have been told that from the chap on the ECP phone line trying to order stuff. only negative is its a ball ache returning anything online, ECP you just drop it into you're local branch.

rikky

CP4L & ECP are the same company, identical parts, have been told that from the chap on the ECP phone line trying to order stuff. only negative is its a ball ache returning anything online, ECP you just drop it into you're local branch.

I know. It's just that the CP4L wings listed on their site have no GTi bodykit holes. Well - two have photos and two don't, so hopefully the two without photos are infact the GTi ones.

(£37.14 each)

rory1

I've just dug out my invoices the price is just over £100

Part numbers for wings :802735281- rh wing : 802735291- lh wing

: 805735011- front panel

rikky

them wings are £31.20 each on CarParts4Less and you can basically get further discount anyway, usually another 10% on anything at checkout!

So looks like that's the answer - input both them part numbers on CarParts4Less - 802735291 (left wing) and 802735281 (right wing), they've got the holes for bodykit but no indicator holes. But easy enough to make. And they're in stock so you'll get them next day usually!

Edited by rikky

Daviewonder

How do you get the 10% off mate?

Edited by Daviewonder

mrfirepro

I need two as well, are the CP4L any good??

How about a group buy, if we all get together we may be able to squeeze a little more discount...

Kev, As yours are galvanised may be better, is £40 all in, I'm near you regularly so can pick up

Edited by mrfirepro

rikky

them wings are £31.20 each on CarParts4Less and you can basically get further discount anyway, usually another 10% on anything at checkout!

So looks like that's the answer - input both them part numbers on CarParts4Less - 802735291 (left wing) and 802735281 (right wing), they've got the holes for bodykit but no indicator holes. But easy enough to make. And they're in stock so you'll get them next day usually!

As per this, I've now got these 2 wings here and the prices were as above, and you can get a further 7.5% off by using "SAVEME75" as a voucher code. They're italian made by RHIBO and look decent. They have the trim holes for the GTI but the side repeater hole needs making

mowflow

Got myself a passenger side one from cp4l using the part number here. Took almost 2 weeks to come despite saying it was in stock and would be 4 days at most. After a week I emailed customer services but got no reply. Gave them a call and was told the body panels come from eurocarparts so they would chase them and call back. No call back but the wing turned up 2 days later.

Cut the repeater hole which was a pain in the baws. Coated the back in epoxy mastic and have just bolted it on. Lines up reasonably well so far (need to fit the bonnet to check properly. It's a little tucked in at the door edge.

Edited by mowflow

kevinvg

Hi have been reading this and have put the code`s 802735291 & 802735281 in at ecp and they have come up as in stock and with a picture showing the gti molding holes so i have placed an order, i have since looked at my account and is say query so i am not sure if these are the right codes or not. Or does anybody know where i can get some from. Thanks for any advice kev.

Daviewonder

I bought a pair and the codes worked fine.

kevinvg

Thanks dave i will have to see if they send them. Hope they do at that price lol.

kevinvg

Dave a quick question how long ago did you by them cus i don`t know what ecp are mucking about at.

rikky

Why don't you buy from CP4L with the discount code? Cheaper and no extra work, or last time I checked anyway - which is why I got mine through there. Same people...