• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dirtdog

Strut Top Parts

dirtdog

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm232/eskere1/Peugeot-205-Front-Suspension-Strut-Parts-Diagram.png

Basically I have a knocking on the car and was told by one guy I know it was the bush and bearings. So i bought the parts and went down to another one of my mates who told me it wasn't the bush or bearing knocking. I decided I would have them fitted anyway and we came across a problem.

I have already sheared a bolt on item 5, I was planning on banging the stud out and tacking a bolt on the back end of it so I hopefully won't need to replace it.

Obviously replaced item 6&8 (bush and bearing?) but there is a problem with the metal part 7. The hole for item 11 (strut tube?) is no longer nice and round.

The local scrappies don't have any 205 parts, many of which even asked what a 205 is. I phoned around a few local part companies and they only seem to sell the bearing and bush kit I bought. Can anyone tell me if I can source a new item 7? Or am I best off going hunting for a complete 205 strut?

There was another problem trying to fit my standard stdt springs back on, apparently the springs are huge so now i'm also debating fitting gti spings at the risk of the rear end looking silly until I can get that seen to :( lol

dirtdog

I don't no. Not sure how to find out part numbers

Slo

When you say the hole isn't round how is it not round? cant you just drill it out?

mrfirepro

Hi Dirtdog,

I've just replaced all these parts as the full kit from Peugeot is around £45, which considering what is included seemed reasonable value.

I have all the parts from my old struts including the struts. The tops are at the platers right now but as soon as I get them back you are welcome to them. (just pay postage)

Are these the bits your talking about.

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/mrfirepro/media/205%20projects/P1020704_666x500.jpeg.html

I'm also not quite sure what you mean by the hole for item 11, the whole in which part.

dirtdog

Thanks for the replies guys. Sorry about the confusion in my post.

Thank you very much for the offer. I have arranged to pick the parts up off a local rally guy (already picked up a beam), but if that goes sour I will be in touch with you paul. Thanks

Hopefully will have everything sorted soon. thanks again