• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Supersport2

Peugeot Side Skirts

Supersport2

Just bought a pair of genuine side skirts for my gti. My q is, we're all side skirts made in black plastic and painted, or we're they made in white?

MY skirts are black and car is white, wondered if there would be an issue painting them?

Doc48

Hi did you get them for the whole car as I am looking for a set and can't get any in Ireland. Any help would be great

2052NV

i didnt know peugeot did a genuine 205 skirt do you have photos of them/ them actually on the vehicle.

AlexRS2782

The only skirts I can think of that were Peugeot were the ones that were part of the Peugeot dealer fit kit.

Pug205Gti103.jpg

Doc48

The only skirts I can think of that were Peugeot were the ones that were part of the Peugeot dealer fit kit.

Pug205Gti103.jpg

Doc48

It's the blacks trim with the red insert on the side of the door

Supersport2

It is the actual dealer fit skirts. They're black plastic, nothing paint can't cover, just wasn't sure if they came in white plastic as well. thanks for the replies.

mmatthej1

As a matter of interest, how are these skirts fitted to the body?

AlexRS2782

Never had a really close look at mine, but I think there is at least 2 screw fittings in the front & rear arch (you can see 1 in the pic above). There are also similar screw fittings that hold the skirt within each front door. I'm fairly sure the main bulk of the skirt is probably bonded to the bodywork as well.

mmcgtk

It's the blacks trim with the red insert on the side of the door

Not the side skirt itself.. but the strip on the door?

I've a few lying about

Supersport2

Alex, would you mind posting a few more pics of the sills, what they look like with the door open? Etc. look really smart!

AlexRS2782

I'll try and get a couple of overall / closer up pics in the next day or two (weather dependent) for you :)

andy1966

hi sounds like there made from abs plastic you shouldnt have any issues painting them wet flat them with 1200 wet and dry

dry them off give them a good wipe over with panel wipe and use a good quality plastic primer and you should be ok

AlexRS2782

Managed to get to the car and get a few close up / overall pics of the passenger side skirt today for you Justin. Message me your email address & i'll get them sent over to you, as it saves faffing around with Photobucket :)

Obviously just ignore all the dirt and crud courtesy of the recent weather :(

Supersport2

Great pics, thank you.