• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rams_gti6

Et5 Wheels Will They Fit?

Rams_gti6

As title says will these wheels fit and clear gti6 calipers ok?

welshpug

how wide are they and what are they off?

Rams_gti6

6 inch comp mo's off a mk6 fiesta apparently.

petert

I run 5ET 15x7"wheels. Parry runs 0ET 15x8". Should fit fine.

Rams_gti6

Good good cheers. I was worried they'd stick out further than standard.

welshpug

mk6 fester wont be ET5, 35 maybe!

allanallen

Fiestas use standard ish ford offset afaik? Et 35+

Edit; beaten to it!

Edited by allanallen

Rams_gti6

Yea well I thought that but on the picture on eBay I zoomed in and with comps having widths and et's stamped on you could see it said et 5

welshpug

still no guarantee they will fit tbh, I had some ET0 8x15 TH's, and they wouldn't clear a gti6 brake caliper, they were designed for Group 2 or 4 ford hubs which have a particularly tall belled disc and they only use small discs and quite compact AP's, so brake clearance wasnt really considered when they were designed!

are there any pictures of them on the car? checked the centre bore? ET5 is a very odd offset especially for only a 6" wide rim in 108.

Rams_gti6

The seller claims they definatley fitted on his fiesta st and that the stamped number on the wheel could be an error from compomotive!? 201000335126 that's the ebay item number, seems fishy to me!

AlexRS2782

The Mk6 shape Fiesta is meant to take an offset of 38 at it's lowest up to 52 for the Fiesta ST model. Also the Mk6 Fiesta has a centre bore of 63.4 which is different to the 205 I believe.

Considering he says he has a Fiesta ST, I really don't understand how he managed to get that offset on tbh. Seeing as the standard ST wheel is 7x17" with an offset of 52 and most ST owners drop no further than circa ET42 on a 7x17 wheel for handling / setup I'm not sure how he's managed to run ET5 on a 6" wheel.

Plus dropping to a 15" wheel on an ST would be very close to the standard brake setup anyway, apart from being an interesting way to change the handling of the car.

Also having dealt with Compomotive a fair bit in the past with my own wheels on my Focus RS, i find it very hard to believe they'd have stamped the offset wrong tbh.

Rams_gti6

Thanks for the reply. Yea to be stamped on every wheel wrong seems odd. Maybe he had spacers on as now the seller says he can't remember how they were fitted and if there was extra fittings in his words

AlexRS2782

Ah yes, the good old "i forget" on an eBay listing. Normally a good sign to run away lol

Not sure how you'd forget how they were fitted if they only removed so recently. I can still remember all the sizes, offets, etc and how the aftermarket wheels fitted on my old 306 Cabriolet & Renault 5 GTT and that was about 6-7 years ago, and 12 years ago respectively lol.

Matt180

not sure on arch clearance but will defo clear the brakes.

Anthony

Also having dealt with Compomotive a fair bit in the past with my own wheels on my Focus RS, i find it very hard to believe they'd have stamped the offset wrong tbh.

I agree - unlikely to be stamped incorrectly, but I have seen Compomotive wheels where the stamping is a bit irregular and one of the numbers almost impossible to make out. Some MO's I had a few years back looked like ET1 on a couple of the wheels, but were actually ET18 (IIRC) - the last digit was barely legible. Seems far more likely to me that the wheels are ET5x or ETx5 given their size and fitment.

Ah yes, the good old "i forget" on an eBay listing. Normally a good sign to run away lol

Yep - either they're conveniently hiding something or they've never actually fitted them themselves and are instead reguritating what the previous seller told them with details getting lost or distorted along the way like a game of chinese whispers.

allanallen

Ask him to measure the distance from the mounting face to the inner edge of the rim and an overall width. Even a rough measurement will give you an idea of the et.

Edited by allanallen