• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mmcgtk

Leather Seat Restoration

mmcgtk

I've searched the forum and seen various threads on leather restoration,

I've full leather grey gti seats and I'm just wondering where is the best place to get a restoration kit with a good colour match

johnnyboy666

what sort of thing do you need doing? Are you looking for something to repair holes/rips etc, or just something to bring a bit of life back into some undamaged leather?

Gliptone liquid leather is a good place to start. It comes with a cleaner and a conditioner and bring old leather up really well

Pugleyrich

As above. I have restored my full leather seats using the same kit, including dye.

stufarri

As above, me too.

It was about £15 for a small kit to touch up cracks in the leather etc.

Dizzee stuff

Does anyone have the Gliptone colour or part number of the dye needed to touch-up the cracks in the phase 2 seats.

mitch205gti

I've seen some good results over on detailing world of leather refurbs.

I've been looking as have 2 sets that need doing so though I will do both sets then sell one on.

Furniture clinic offer some good kits but not cheap but can get kits to repairs rips etc.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=233787

• Like 1

stufarri

Does anyone have the Gliptone colour or part number of the dye needed to touch-up the cracks in the phase 2 seats.

No as mine were phase 1 leathers but if you call them they are very knowledgeable and will know the colour you need.

Black shoe polish (buff it like mad to remove the residue) or black coloured leather cream does a good job on the phase 2s though from my experience.

mrfirepro

I will have the same problem within the next 6 months, so started doing a (very little) bit of research

not got any experience of these but others may have

http://www.205nuts.co.uk go to trimming and seals and then seats

mmcgtk

ive just had the seats re-bolstered and restiched ,so I just need something to take the cracks and color wear out of them, tbh there not that bad, its just im re dyeing my carpet and want the seats to be fresh

dch1950

Hi,

I would recommend Woolies Trim. Very professional and also very helpful.

regards

Dave H

dobboy

ive just had the seats re-bolstered and restiched ,so I just need something to take the cracks and color wear out of them, tbh there not that bad, its just im re dyeing my carpet and want the seats to be fresh

Hi, where did you get the bolsters from/changed?

Thanks

Slo

wow thats surprisingly good results for a diy kit might get one for myself, have previously used leather shoe paint & polish on my phase 2 seats and they looked pretty good but it makes the cracks an eyesore. I'd also like to know where you can get bolsters from?

mmcgtk

Hi, where did you get the bolsters from/changed?

Thanks

Local man that use to work in furniture factory, he then got into custom car interiors , he usually just cuts and shapes the foam

Homerjay

i got quoted £250 to re-stitch and colourise all my seat.

lots of the seems have come undone.

thats not replacing the bolsters, which i think will also need doing to see full benefit.

what are they, £50 a piece?

• Like 1

mmcgtk

€150 to take the leather covers off the seats ,re stich the seams with the red stitching, weld broken bars within the seat frame and make up some bolsters (out of spare foam) he cuts and shapes the foam

I also just got some red fabric spray off fabricspray.ie and re dyed my carpet and its like new it doesn't leave the carpet crispy either ,its still has a soft texture

MikeC

€150 to take the leather covers off the seats ,re stich the seams with the red stitching, weld broken bars within the seat frame and make up some bolsters (out of spare foam) he cuts and shapes the foam

I also just got some red fabric spray off fabricspray.ie and re dyed my carpet and its like new it doesn't leave the carpet crispy either ,its still has a soft texture

Michael

Where did you get that done?

Mike

mmcgtk

car lovers in navan co. meath ...pm me if you want contact details

• Like 1

MikeC

Cheers Michael, found them online.