• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
benny205mi16

Gti6 Caliper Seal Kit

benny205mi16

Hello,

Just been yo my local peouget garage to try and get a seal kit for a pair of Gti6 front calipers I am refurbishing to go on my 205. When we finally got over the massive drama of not having the 306 reg, he came back and wanted £29 per side + Vat so just over £70 and from his little printed diagram this did not include the dust covers for the sliders, only the main seal for the piston and dust cover for the piston.

Does this sound right as seems a bit pricey for a few seals.

Thank you

Ben

welshpug

sounds about right for a dealer, try your local motorfactor, they're the same parts as most 406's.

benny205mi16

The only reason I went to peouget was because I went to the normal car spares place I go and he said it was something they will not do I would have to go to peouget, I will go and try some other places.

S@m

Try Brakes international online, i used some of their kits in the past and have found the quality to be on par with the genuine kits but for far less money. Others have used Big Red, but i have no personal experience of them.

As above, the prices you have been quoted by the dealer are about what i'd expect from them.

mrfirepro

My brakes are standard 1.9's so not sure if they are the same. I have just finished the rears which I bought from these guys and have just received the kit for the fronts.

This is what I bought, probably going to do the fronts tomorrow, so will let you know.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251370867173?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I'm not sure if the picture is quite right as I got twice the number of gaiters