• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mrfirepro

Front And Rear Bearings

mrfirepro

has anyone used these or known of them, they are a lot cheaper than anyone else (I guess for good reason)

However because they are sooooo much cheaper I thought I would ask here first

http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/wheel-bearing/bolk-bol-b111003_g654_a999BOL-B111003.html

http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/wheel-bearing/bolk-bol-1398594_g654_a999BOL-1398594.html

allanallen

Links don't work properly! Buy cheap buy twice with bearings though, particularly rear disc wheel bearings, the cheap ones are utter garbage

chipstick

SKF ones aren't mega money from ECP when they have a sale on.

jackherer

Links worked for me.

It says Bolk is their own economy brand so they could be made by anyone but they're probably rubbish made in China.

It doesn't seem to say what sort of warranty they have but even if they replace them if/when they fail you still have to consider labour costs.

S@m

Last time i got a front SKF bearing from my local factor it was only about £20, so not much more than the above.

Ryan

If you buy SNR front bearings from ECP or CarParts4Less then they send SKF bearings. They were only about £16 each when I bought a pair in October.

mrfirepro

SKF or SNR it is then, I guess I knew what the answer was but thanks for sanity check.

Edited by mrfirepro

S@m

Whilst we are on the subject of bearings, i need to replace a rear one on my 1.9. I can get motaquip bearings fairly cheaply at work but they do not list one for the 205 gti, they do list one for the 309 gti and ZX which i imagine to be the same, can anyone confirm that would be correct?

mrfirepro

Hi Sam mine is a 1989 1.9 (130), I wasn't able to find the bearings separately as they are part of the rear hub assembly, these are the ones I ended up buying, I know there a little bit more expensive but they are decent bearings.

Unless others will tell you differently... possible as I didn't ask this question

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=231086164436&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:3160

to replace these

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/mrfirepro/media/205%20projects/P1020231_666x500.jpeg.html

I also was very close to mangling my stub axles by using a club hammer to remove them, I did manage to save them after getting them machined and using a Die to save the threads (22 x 1.5 if I remember correctly) either use a punch or sacrifice the nut as most of the bearings come with new nuts.

Good luck

welshpug

the disc type rear bearing is part of the hub assembly and not available as a separate part.

309 is indeed the same part, VBK 295, no idea why its not on the 205 listings (VBK 229 is the 82mm front bearing if anyone wants the part number btw)

img_2525529174.jpgimg_2525530174.jpg

mrfirepro

thankfully only £3 difference, but I like the carparts4less format, will look there in the future.

Sam,

Let me know if Motaquip are any cheaper can always send the SNR ones back.

welshpug

ahh, lol, I was looking at the wrong number, but still, they are the same people btw,

mrfirepro

I did the same at first, did make me laugh as well..... :lol:

S@m

Motaquip rears work out about the same as those Carparts4less SNR bearings, just wonder what brand the Motaquip ones will actually be.