• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

madspikes

Pas Fittings With 'o' Rings

madspikes

I need some help... (Insert joke here!!)

I have a PAS rack with the later type 'o' ring fittings for the main pipes, e.g. no screw thread and I need to make up some custom pipe / hoses. Is this fitment a Peug special or a fairly standard hydraulic fitment, if so what the hell is it called, as I can’t find anything like it anywhere?

post-2857-0-53142200-1386019094_thumb.jpg

Thanks,

Clive

camgti

I'm keen to know this also. I've got a ph2 vts rack I was power steer on. It's has these same fittings.

Cam

madspikes

Snap! My rack is also from a later xsara vts!

I have started with a set of pipes from a 307, but some new fittings a hoses would be preferable.

Clive

camgti

I think there is a fitting that hold the pipes into the holes. It's held on with a torx bolt. I think I'm going to have to have someone make up some pipes to fit..

Cam

madspikes

Yes, pipes held in an m8 or m6 bolt, Allen or torx.

I tested my xsara rack to 307 pipes to Saxo pump last night. None of the pipes are run in the proper place, pump on the floor type test. System worked ok.

Just got to reshape all pipes and mount the pump.

Clive

welshpug

With pretty much any electro-hydraulic conversion you need to use the original fittings into the rack, and get suitable pipes attached to them, typically using the Saxo/106 pipes at the pump end and the donor rack pipes at the rack end, or as you've fund, anything else that fits from the PSA parts bin.

camgti

Yes, pipes held in an m8 or m6 bolt, Allen or torx.

I tested my xsara rack to 307 pipes to Saxo pump last night. None of the pipes are run in the proper place, pump on the floor type test. System worked ok.

Just got to reshape all pipes and mount the pump.

Clive

What motor are you running? I'm on a gti6. Keeping the standard pump for now. My best option I think is to get the Xsara stuff and see what I can make fit. I never kept it so will need to source that now too!!

Cam

madspikes

I'm going to run a Saxo electric pas pump. When I got the pump I picked up all the hoses as well. The hoses will be a cut and shut of the 307 and Saxo pipes.

camgti

Ok,

I've got a set of pipes coming. Hoping to get onto it next weekend. Will report back. I'm using the standard pump, not electric.

Cam

sport1901966

I'm using the same setup it seems you are putting together - saxo pump and rack with the 'push fittings'.

I cut the fittings off the end of the pipes (both pump and rack ends) - leaving as much material as possible, then took them to a hydraulics place and they made up some flexible pipes to my specifications using the fittings - they soldered additional hard pipe at the exit angles I needed, then clamped the high pressure hose onto the extensions. Whole thing cost about £40 and the pipes fit perfectly and are running fine.

Edited by sport1901966

madspikes

Where did you cut the pipes Off, did you cut the metal parts of the pipes or flexible hoses? Sounds like a nice solution, hope I can get something do for that price!

madspikes

Slight up date as a few people are interested in doing this kind of thing.

I have taken the first section of the 307 high pressure hose (rack end) up to the flexI hose and had it joiNed to to back end Saxo hose. The two sections Of metal pipe are joined with flexi hose. The local farm place did the join and supplied all fitings and hose for £16!

Its all in the car and pressurized with no leaks! Just need to secure the pipes and hoses.

Clive

camgti

Thats great news! Im no where near ready to do mine. End of the month is looking better!

Glad to hear its all worked out.

Cam

barneys66

Just wanted to share my experience with this for future reference, having sourced a Ph2 Xsara rack with no hoses or clamp. Thanks to searching this forum for ideas I subsequently found some 307 pipes on eBay, from a 2002 1.4 petrol, though the ad stated they'd fit most from 2000-2005.

They came delivered as per the first pic in this thread and, even if using the pipe ends only, they clashed with the rack. So, it was a very easy case of splitting the mounting bracket and effectively swapping the orientation. This leaves you with the angles below, so you can cut them in the appropriate place and have new hoses made as already discussed.

Hope this helps for future searches!

DSC_0974_zpsggq4urk8.jpg

DSC_0975_zpsc7pmozaa.jpg

DSC_0976_zpsgyy6ef9e.jpg

DSC_0977_zpsgtpbwgck.jpg

Edited by barneys66