• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
PeterGriffin

In Car Tablet / Touch Screen

PeterGriffin

Anyone seen the tablet installs knocking around nowadays.

In the few months I have before I wrap my pug round a tree, I'm looking to drag the dash into the 21st century, kicking and screaming as it may.

There are a few inherent issues, like power on / off with ignition, volume control if not using an amp, all sorts of nonsense to be honest.

Big hassle I know, but taking it to the enth degree you could have instrument info up there. GPS and an accelerometer is pretty much standard in these things nowadays as well.

I've been thinkin the galaxy note or the 7 version up from it.

Already there are some pretty nifty app to pull on - http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/how-to/products/10-diagnostic-apps-and-devices-to-make-you-a-better-driver#slide-11

Anyone seen anyone do something clever with these, or know of a forum that might have info to pull on?

Cheers peeps

Juttie205

there was someone that put a touch screen in a 406coupe was pretty trick as it controlled all the heaters etc can be found on the 406 coupe owners club forum

PeterGriffin

that's a skill level beyond mine! tunes, radio and GPS would be a good start for me!

:)