• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
buster205

Info Please On Battery Tray Removal

buster205

Hi All,

As above, in the process of changing gearbox mount and Haynes manual says removal of battery tray required, I've removed the two bolts under the battery and the two afm to tray bolts. Are there any other bolts because the tray is still solid ?

cheers

Ste

buster205

Sorry, just realised I've posted in the wrong section.

Anthony

There's two M8 bolts under the battery (facing upwards) and two underneath the battery tray (facing sideways)

Sometimes they are a bit stuck in place even after removing those four, and need a sharp knock to free them off.

However, if it's just the mount that you're removing, you don't need to remove the battery tray at all - just lower the gearbox a touch to gain sufficient clearance to remove the old mount.

buster205

Thanks Anthony, I've managed to shear one of the two studs that fasten the mount in place, I hope I'm right in presuming these are tacked to the battery tray so I can get a new bolt tacked on ?

Thanks again

Ste

welshpug

the two M8 studs for the mounting rubber? they are indeed spot welded in place.