• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
driversdomainuk

I Have Issues......with My Headlights...

driversdomainuk

Hi

Does anyone else have issues?

I mean with the 205 headlights...I never think they look too straight, and tend to have play in them. My problem is made worse by the fact the spring clips on the radiator side have bust both N/S and O/S

Does anyone have tips to sort them and stop that unnerving looseness they all tend to have. I dont know who sells the spring kits either...

thanks

Rob

Anthony

They all have a degree of "springiness" as it's the nature of the design and quite different to most cars, but they certainly shouldn't flap around.

Getting the lights to sit straight and nicely aligned normally just takes a little time and patience, but be warned that if your car has been involved in a front end shunt at some point in its life then you'll potentially really struggle as inevitably the headlight panels, bumper etc all end up a bit out of whack. Pattern lights and indictators often don't sit as well as the original parts either which doesn't help.

First course of action however must be to replace the broken clips, as without them, you'll never get the lights to sit securely.

• Like 1

driversdomainuk

Where can I buy the clips from?

rikky

I've got new indicators and perfect headlghts on mine (or, did, until I smashed into it with a trolley full of BMW wheels) and they have play if you lift the front. I can't see how you would stop it, the spring clip design at the side is very poor. They need brackets underneath like the 306 headlights in my opinion but then you have alignment issues :(

Edited by rikky

Anthony

They shouldn't have "play" as such if everything is as it should be - they will tilt up and down if you apply pressure, but otherwise should be secure. If the whole thing is moving around and not feeling like it's fixed in properly then chances are that it isn't.

You couldn't fix the headlight solidly like a 306 and most other modern cars, as unlike those cars where the inside reflector part of the headlight moves to aim it whilst the housing and lense remains fixed, on a 205 the entire headlight assembly moves.

As for the clips, I don't believe these are available seperately and instead you need to replace the complete inner headlight mount. Both are still available new from Peugeot at £16.40 inc VAT each - part numbers 622315 and 622316 for left and right respectively - or someone will probably have some good used items if you put up a wanted post.

welshpug

I wouldn't call it poor, I'd call it very simple and effective.

My headlamps have been on my car for 24 years and don't wobble nor fall out.

I've never seen broken spring clips, but I have seen damaged headlamp lugs and damaged indicators from forceful removal or accident damage, and the worn balljoint section.

you can get the brackets from a dealer or a breaker.

Hheppy

Hi,

I had excess play in one of the headlamps on my 205, spring clips were intact but fair to say the headlamp had seen better days, I bought some new headlamps and hey presto problem solved, much more secure.

have to say though the ball joints were quite worn and cracked so full replacement did the job, I also got some new driving lights too and it really brightened up the front end!

driversdomainuk

I have new headlights and also fog lights too...one of the best thing you can do to make the car look fresh...