• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pug_sport

Saggy Suspension

Pug_sport

The other day I pulled the handbrake on while rolling back slightly on a hill, the back of the car lifted and juddered and the lever pulled right up like the cable had snapped. After I pulled away the handbrake seemed to work at the correct height again, although if you ease the lever up while moving you get a lot of pulling and pulsing on the lever.

After this I noticed that the car was sitting quite low on the osr. I have jacked it up to check but all I seem to find is a knackered shock, the bearings seem good with no movement on the beam. If you lift the wheel or push it down it feels sloppy Could it be the shock? I didnt think the shock took any weight so am 1uite confused as to how it could be that.

Please help as need it fixed for transport after having my everyday van written off last night by some one running into the back of me at 40.

welshpug

Drums or discs?

Pug_sport

It's a 1.9 with discs.

Slo

Could it be the handbrake cables seizing causing them to dislodge from the holders? Had a similar problem before but mines drums.