• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Weser

Seat Question

Weser

After a little information on the front seats. My drivers is a little shabby so I'm tidying it up. Does anyone know how the checked insert material (ph2) on the back is fixed to the foam? Is it glued? On my passengers seat the insert material moulds nicely round the foam but the drivers has come away and was wondering how it should fit? Thanks

Pugleyrich

They are clipped down the sides with hog rings, there are a couple of metal bars that are fixed on with rings which go across and a strip of velcro. After having my seats apart I cable tied them back. Hope that makes sense. No glue used.

Edited by Pugleyrich

jeremy

Or use stripped electrical wire.

Weser

I have the seats out so can see the hog rings mainly hold the covers on. Does the back cover slide off or do you have to unstitch it. So is it the metal bars that make the indentation across the back of the seat.

jeremy

From memory you do not need to undo any stitching, the metal bars (similar to coat hanger thickness) are used to help keep shape. When I did mine I took a video although it sounds sad it meant I knew exactly how it all went back together.

Pugleyrich

Once you have removed the rings along she side and bottom the cover will come away but will be held where the indents are. The thinner indents are the metal bars and the thicker top one is the velcro.

Weser

Ok great think i am getting it. But how does the rear seat back cover come off as thats the one I have a problem with the indents with. Thanks for your help guys!

Pugleyrich

Once you have removed the cover from the middle the centre piece of foam can be lifted. The rings that hold the material on the bolster will then be visable. Once those are removed the cover will pull off. Have a check under the foam though as I recall there being a couple of clips that hold the foam to the seat frame. It is really easy to work out when you get going. You're best off having a try and asking for help if you get stuck

Edited by Pugleyrich