• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rallyeash

Anyone Tried These Wishbone Bushes?

rallyeash

Hi Guys,

I seem to get a bit of wondering on acceleration on the road but none while on a circuit, I can only put this down to worn wishbone bushes which doesn't get highlighted while out on a smooth tarmac track.

The wishbones are about 5 years old so it wouldn't hurt for them to be replaced atall. I've always been under the impression that pug wishbone bushes are much better than the powerflex s*ite but what is the opinion on these? or shall I stick to getting some pug ones again?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-205-GTI-309-GTI-Front-Lower-Arm-Wishbone-Bush-Kit-SuperPro-Poly-/251370657828?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%

3APeugeot%7CModel%3A309&hash=item3a86dbd824

the car is 95% track work and 5% road. I would love some tubular wishbones or adjustable items, but I don't want to spend a huge amount at the moment or buying some crappy compbrake items or similar.

thanks Ash

welshpug

never tried them, but super pro are well regarded in the off road scene.

I would imagine if you don't get the wandering on a smooth track then its just you noticing the inadequacies of the 205 chassis when trying to send double its original power and torque through it which will get highlighted by varying surfaces, especially running it as low as you appear to be.

Edited by welshpug

rallyeash

yeah ive been searching on google which led to a few reviews on forums and they seem to have fairly good reviews.

I think its also a combination of Torque steer from the plate diff, coupled with 230hp and 760kg is a some of the problem but I am going to order a new set of BBM Group N engine mounts and lower fork bush to replace my mismatch of engine mounts. (standard Gbox and top mount with a solid lower) and a new set of wishbone bushes can't do any harm....

rallyeash

Come with a 36,000 mile / 3 year warranty sl you would of thought they can't be awful?!

rallyeash

my car isnt as low as you think.

here is the wishbone angle, pretty level in my opinion...

IMG_2910_zps59ee7794.jpg

welshpug

looks like it's pointing up to me, add some bumps and undulations and you can see what I'm getting at.

calvinhorse

You don't want it level so yes it is too low :D

wicked

. I've always been under the impression that pug wishbone bushes are much better than the powerflex s*ite but what is the opinion on these?

Which powerflex are you referring to? The purple ones or the black series? I heard good comments on the black series...

Tom Fenton

If you order from that ebay seller "TDCAutomotive" then if you are in a rush check that they've got stock first.

I ordered/paid for anti roll bar bushes for my Shogun, took 8 weeks for them to arrive with me as they had them listed on ebay but didn't actually have stock.

rallyeash

Don't know, just the general impression is powerflex is crap!

Well on the postage it says get it as quickly as tomorrow!

Tom Fenton

Did when I ordered, 8 week wait.

rallyeash

Oh! I'll look into it.

Cheers!

eddy_gti6

I recently bought and fitted these ones to my 309 wishbones, They feel solid and good quality to me. Not tested them as of yet so cant comment on what they are like but for the money if they are crap then its no big issue, just pull them out and buy something different.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230965091645?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290900707985?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

20131107_194920_zps3c82b07e.jpg

20131010_182438_zps0ba38943.jpg

Rippthrough

Superpro are the only bushes we'd fit to the suspension joints of the 4wd's, they're much better than most of the s*ite on the market.

rallyeash

That's good to know.

Did you get my pm on the 306 forum about your wishbones? Guess they won't fit on a 205?

welshpug

They will, if shortened.

Rippthrough

Rear joint is different on a 205 isn't it?

welshpug

slightly

yours look like this

20-05-09_2215.jpg

which I take needs something welded to the subframe for the rear joint.

205 ones are like this.

utf-8BSU1HMDA0MTgtMjAxMDA2MDMtMTY1O.jpg

Rippthrough

It has a bolt on housing for the rear joint that goes straight on the stock P-bush mounts for the rear on the 306 ones.

welshpug

Ahh, not so straightforward then, from what i remember of colin satchell fitting 306 arms the rear bush is a tad too far back to bolt straight on, the chassis leg needed a notch.