• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MikeM

Large Bucket Seats

MikeM

I am in the process of fitting a safety devices C12 roll cage to my 205. I have spent some time looking through various build threads regarding the mounting of the seats and I will be going down the route of cutting the exhaust tunnel etc.

Now to get to the point - I am 6'6" and of large build so I think a large seat would be better suited to myself. However - is there room in a 205 to fit a large seat with a roll cage?

I am looking at the omp trs xl seat.

Cheers

Mike

rallysteve

Have a look in my thread:

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=110983&st=0

I am 6'6" and have a pair of OMP HTC XL side mounts in mine with C44 cage, I have had the tunnel cut down to fit them low enough. I have got headlining still but there isnt a massive amount of headroom. They do fit width wise though!

Steve

Edited by rallysteve

MikeM

That is great, thanks Steve. I did not want to order the seats until I was confident that it would all fit!

Nice looking car you have built yourself. Thanks again.

Mike

Anthony

Sparco certainly do some "plus sized" seats as well that are very comfortable even on long journeys and fit in caged 205's fine.

rallysteve

I found the issue I had getting seats which fitted was the height of the shoulder harness holes. There were far too low on pretty much all but the OMP HTC and some very expensive recaros. I would thoroughly recommend going to the likes of Demon Tweeks and trying them out for size. Most 'Plus' or 'XL' sized seats assume you are short and fat not tall.

Cheers

Steve

GSMPerformance

Hi

I know we have a customer who purchased some Cobra Suzuka GT seats of us and they do provide amble room for a larger and/or taller driver.

I have been photographing a fair few next to each other recently. If you have any photos of the OMP seats in the 205 I would be really keen to see them fitted.

Thanks

Garreth