• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SkyQuake

Mud Guard Bracketry - Help Please!

SkyQuake

Dear All,

I'm after a bit of help from one of you chaps hoarding the mint condition mud guards which keep popping up on eBay for small fortunes!

I have a set of rear mud guards from a base model 205. I'm guessing the rubber is common to all models, but the brackets change to fit to the differing rear valances.

The rubber is ok, but the metalwork has all but perished. I can't afford the diabolical money they go for on eBay, but I am quite capable of making up replacement metalwork, if I knew what I was looking for. Would anyone with GTI mud flaps be able to take me a couple of pictures of what I need to make? Better still, if anyone was willing to do me a fag-packet sketch with some dimensions, that would be awesome.

I'm particularly interested in the two points of attachment to the valance; the bit that wraps around the side, and the bracket underneath. These are the bits which are missing from mine.

Many thanks, your help is much appreciated.

Mike

Edited by SkyQuake

Ryan

post-5273-0-14067000-1382393909_thumb.jpg post-5273-0-93411200-1382393915_thumb.jpg post-5273-0-12839300-1382393922_thumb.jpg post-5273-0-95127500-1382393928_thumb.jpg

I can measure whatever dimension you need...

• Like 1

SkyQuake

Ryan, this is awesome, many thanks. I'll draw up what I can from the pictures (which should be most of it), and come back to you if I have any missing dimensions!

Many thanks for your help.

SkyQuake

Hi Ryan,

I'm nearly there with this, I just need a little bit more info. Could you please provide me with the length of the long twisted arm, from the fold to the end?

Secondly, would it be possible to get a side on picture of the small bracket with the two holes, and the piece that matches it on the mudguard?

Many thanks for all your help.

Mike

Ryan

post-5273-0-15508300-1386972144_thumb.jpg

post-5273-0-63264000-1386972197_thumb.jpg

The bar is 124mm from the end to the fold. The mounting slot is roughly from 95-120mm.

post-5273-0-70989600-1386972212_thumb.jpg

This is the other clamp. I wouldn't worry about copying this part too exactly. As long as you've got something that can clamp on to the inner lip of the wheel arch.

• Like 1

SkyQuake

You sir, are an absolute legend! Many thanks for this.

I certainly owe you a beer or two!

I'll let you know how I get on.

Many thanks,

Mike