• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
forbeslongden

How Many Different Kinds Of Indicator Lens Are There?

forbeslongden

Hello everyone,

I'm always looking at the 205 market on eBay when I get a spare moment to see what crops up. I'm aware of the differences between the amber phase one indicator units and the clear phase 2 but recently I've noticed that some later cars have a strange combination of the clear indicator with a visible orange part in the middle.

Is this an aftermarket unit or is there a genuine 'phase 2.5' version of the unit that I've only just learnt about?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1993-PEUGEOT-205-1-4i-GTX-GREY-Good-Original-Condition-Great-Engine-/271289026981?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3f2a1609a5

This vehicle appears to have one all clear and one clear/amber one?

dcc

im 99% sure there are 2 oem types, but some after market ones vary. (phase 1/1.5 and phase 2)

S@m

There are 100% only two types. Orange and clear. The clear is still available new from any valeo stockist, i got one recently for about £10.

forbeslongden

This is what I thought, I was only aware of the two types although there is certainly a difference between the two lens on the car in the link. I noticed quite a few 95/96 cars have that sort of indicator type so I guess most owners have replaced them with aftermarket ones at some point?

GLPoomobile

there is certainly a difference between the two lens on the car in the link.

No there isn't. But there is a big difference in the angle that the 2 photos are taken from. Which is why you can clearly see the amber reflector in one and not the other.

welshpug

some aftermarket "clear" indicators do show more orange than the original types.

forbeslongden

No there isn't. But there is a big difference in the angle that the 2 photos are taken from. Which is why you can clearly see the amber reflector in one and not the other.

I'm not sure the angle would cause that much orange to show through, maybe if the flash was on - it doesn't look like it though.