• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lagonda

Cti Lower Suspension Arms

lagonda

Just checking the CTi over for its Controle Technique (French MoT), & the n/s lower suspension arm ball joint is a bit sloppy. The O/S one is fine. These are non-Peugeot parts fitted by the previous owner, who did replace the pair (odd that one is shagged & the other's fine), so wondered if it's adviseable to do so again. Would give me fresh rubber bushes all round I suppose.

Incidentally these are base model items, the bean counters at Peugeot didn't stretch to the GTi front suspension set-up.

ORB

The CTi is a bit of a distant relative to the GTI, lower powered engines and poverty spec suspension

jackherer

The 1.6 in CTIs is the same as the GTIs, only the 1.9 is lower power.

I still remember the first time I drove a CTI, I had just got out of a GTI and as I went down the road it felt identical but when I got to the first bend I nearly fell out of the car due to the bodyroll :lol:

• Like 1

lagonda

Ooo err get you, didn't realise CTi baiting was in fashion! Whilst I accept that the GTi has the superior suspension, and am disgusted at Peugeot for not fitting it to the CTi, I do drive the CTi pretty fast & have not been disconcerted by is handling.

• Like 1

Tom Fenton

When I've been to France in recent years base model 205's are still quite a common sight so I'd have thought you should be able to get replacement arms readily enough. When I've bought them over here a few years ago they were for buttons so probably worthwhile doing the pair whilst you are feeling keen. Don't forget to reset the tracking afterwards.

Slo

I can highly recommend swapping to gti front suspension and a front strut brace if you can get all the parts over there, it transforms the car. I drive mine mental with a heavy iron turbo engine and its superb. It doesn't bog down nowhere near as bad as it used to. Saying that though, when I swapped it all my front arms were past it too drivers side was really bad, the roll bar had ripped nearly all the way through the rubber bush.