• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Furyblade_Lee

Recaro Recliners

Furyblade_Lee

Has anyone ever tried to fit another seat the factory 205 tilt / slide runners? Specifically I have been offered cheap two red Recaro Integra Type R recliners, and wondered how difficult it would be to fit onto the standard subframes? Do-able with some adaptor brackets made up?

acox99

Anything is do able if you have the ways and means to fabricate the bits needed to mount them.

Wes

i have got recaro speeds in mine (same as type r seats) but i'm using proper recaro subframes. they change the angle of the base but look pretty easy to copy.

DSCF0190_zps9c6f0b2e.jpg

• Like 2

MiniGibbo

I had recaro's in my rallye on custom mounts and have used recaro's in other cars with there frames

allye

Be wary of using after market buckets on standard runners as they can sit really hight. Using a 5dr not tilting frame helps, but as said the appropriate recaro frames would be best and not very hard to come across.

Gman

Those seats look awesome, and almost have an OE look. Were they retrimmed at all?

Emmy Seize

as said the appropriate recaro frames would be best and not very hard to come across.

True, but paying amost 200 Euros for some flat-bar steel and a handful of nuts and bolts might not be to everyone's liking......

allye

True, but paying amost 200 Euros for some flat-bar steel and a handful of nuts and bolts might not be to everyone's liking......

Ah, the wonders of wanted ads, ebay and the like!

Wes

Those seats look awesome, and almost have an OE look. Were they retrimmed at all?

yes the centres were retrimmed in gti red check material.

Be wary of using after market buckets on standard runners as they can sit really hight. Using a 5dr not tilting frame helps, but as said the appropriate recaro frames would be best and not very hard to come across.

the recaro frames for 205's are no longer available.

Furyblade_Lee

I was all excited until the last post! No longer made. Bugger.

Furyblade_Lee

Just found a site ( wont let me copy and paste ) where they supply specific 205 frames for Sparco seats. No specific Recaro ones for the 205 BUT the smallprint says the Recaro ones fit Sparco seats too as they use the same mounting pattern. So in theory...... ?