• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jimmy b

Looking To Lower A Phase 1 Cti 1.6

jimmy b

hello to all..im after any help info re lowering my c reg cti 1.6..at the mo ..... it looks like a landrover with the amount of ride height/clearance available lol........ive googled various options..& suppliers..im leaning towards a eibach pro kit for both f & r at around £100 deleivered..which would "drop the cars stance by around 25 mm / 40 mm..what is the general rule of thumb for a stock road car..& is this kit ok...ive seen shocks & spring kits for around £300..but il stick with the eibach kit at the mo..if its any good..& im on a tight budget what with crimbo around the corner..will anything else need to be adjusted to compensate for the change..ive a mate at ats tyres who will be fitting these to my car.. how long should these take to fit ??? ta jim..

calvinhorse

The eibach springs are front only, the back is adjustable via the torsion bars :)

I find anything up to 40mm is great, big yes to eibachs and maybe a bigger rear anti roll bar if you can stretch.

Don't use the word stance it's not welcome here :D

jackherer

'Stance' is a term that has been associated with car design for decades, it is not in any way new and you are more than welcome to use it here.

You might have a point about the words 'Stanced' and 'Stancing' but that is another discussion entirely.

calvinhorse

Lmao! Yes very sorry stance away! Hope the rest of my post was helpful.