• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Daryl1205

Problems With 205 Heater

Daryl1205

Hi I'm having problems with the heater in the 205 the fan does work and has been stripped and cleaned up but the fan only comes on when it wants to at a pretty slow speed and very little heat is there any way to fix this without ripping tha dash apart as iv had it out once and never want to again

Thanks Daryl

Crescent205

Hi Daryl, If you are sure the fan is ok then its more than likely going to be the resistor pack located nearby the fan and easily accesible. I'm sure someone will have some more details as to where its exactly located.

dcc

Usually the connection on the back of the resistor corrodes. It is a little nightmare to solder a better connection. I am sure if you do a search miles horne has written a brief guide on what to do. But tbh it isn't too difficult to look at it and understand yourself.

As for the temperature that is a different issue. It is likely to have an air lock in the heater matrix, or your heater matrix is blocked, or you have a crappy after market one.

farmer

New resistors are available, if not wanting to recon.