• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Mac Crash

Alloy Wheel Of Unknown Origin?

Mac Crash

Inspected the spare wheel tonight but unsure of it's origin. Never dropped it from the cage before tonight as not had the car much more than a year, 185/55/15 tyre on a 1.9 alloy but no SMR or Speedline cast markings.

I have 2 sets of SMR wheels so I know they have raised marks but don't have Speedlines so not sure if they have raised or indented markings? The spare wheel with tyre as far as I can tell without putting it on scales weighs pretty much the same as an SMR with tyre.

The wheel is identical to any other 1.9 alloy and fit's on the car, any ideas? possibly from another Peugeot model? I bought the car from an independent Peugeot dealer so it's likely he's had many wheels laying about.

Also, is it possible to place a 195/50 back in the spare wheel cage? I wasn't able to undo the wheel carrier bolt (seized) in the short time I had tonight so I just pushed the spare wheel up towards the boot floor and released it that way, now there isn't enough clearance to put the 195 width tyre back in the cage as not enough strength to push it up fully to slip back over the hook as obviously the 195 is wider than the 185 that came off, yeap I will free off the bolt in daylight but just wondering if the cage can take a 195 without it looking like it's arse hanging out from under the car.

Thanks

Edited by Mac Crash

jord294

Has it any lettering?

Belgium made or possibly Spanish?