• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
James Cornell

My Clarion Radio Woes...

James Cornell

I bought my 1989 1.9 GTI from a friend a couple of weeks ago and it came with lots of books and folders and it came with a radio code, however it is not the correct one as when you put it in the code is just displayed on the screen and nothing happens. There is a button combination which clears the display and allows you to input the code again but the code displays on the screen and nothing happens. I am not sure why this has happened but I suspect the code is for the original radio and this is a replacement unit (to make the car more standard). If I post my serial number from the radio is it possible to generate a code or are they all completely individual to the radios?

Henry Yorke

There is a method of opening them up to read the marks on the circuit board and decode the radio. However you'll have to do a search of the internet to find such info as historically data on decoding potentially stolen stereos has not been posted here.

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=clarion+radio+code

:D

• Like 1

James Cornell

I think you will all find this very amusing, I have found the code!

As I removed the radio from the car it had a white sticky label on the top of it with the code...DOH!

Thanks for all of the help though, now I need to work out why I only have long/medium wave and no FM...

jackherer

I've found a label there loads of times, another place to check is the handbook, you often find the code handwritten on the page that deals with the stereo.