• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
fliprio

Rear Calliper Fitting Kit

fliprio

I have just taken the rear brakes apart on my H reg Gti (originally a 1.9) On one side it had only the retaining bar and clip, with no pad spring clips and on the other side it had nothing at all, just the pads pushed into the calliper. Having never taken them apart I can only assume bits have fallen off or just not put on properly.

I take it the bits I am missing is retaining bar and clip and 2 pad spring clips?

welshpug

yup!

65255_10151583509530985_1398553108_n.jpg

fliprio

excellent - thanks

Do Halfrauds do a kit?

S@m

Most motor factors do a kit, unsure on Halfords specifically. Last time i bought one with all the necessary clips, retaining bar etc. it was £8.

Miles

Don;t forget allot of Renaults use the same calliper as well

fliprio

Don;t forget allot of Renaults use the same calliper as well

Thanks, grabbed a kit from a local autofactors in the end, I cant believe the garage that last had the brakes apart didn't fit any spring clips or bars - I could understand one falling off but not all of them, one pad was making a bit for freedom.

All finished and hopefully the standard Brembo discs and pads I have put on will be better than the s*ite greenstuff pads and drilled & grooved discs I have taken off.