• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Furyblade_Lee

Cti, What Have I Got?

Furyblade_Lee

Hi guys, just got myself a tidy little 1990 H 205 Cti, and have a few questions. It is graphite grey, electric roof, has a black dash with round heater controls ( phase 2? ) and clear indicators. No electric windows or PAS. Seems to have phase 1 greay half leather seats with two tone grey inserts. I am no expert but am I correct in this year of CTi did not have leather anyway? Know it is a can of worms as just 10 minutes in the archives have proved, but could this car be a phase "1.5" or something?

Firstly, I have been tidying it up and resprayed the external plastic trims which " appeared " to have originally been grey. But after doing a very fine job if say so myself, just discovered a phase 2 car should have black external trims?? Is that correct? Also is there a supplier who sells new red insert trim for the plastic, mine is very good but not mint and I would like to replace.

Stereo, only appears to have 2 front speakers, sounds crap, i assume because of the rear drop down windows you cannot have rear speakers?

Heater, do not appear to have full articulation on the temperature knob, no cold just warm to hot, and blows only onto windscreen or floor NOT out the dash vents when selected? Is the heater easy to replace?

Furyblade_Lee

Just to add re: external trim colour, the " pininfarina " badge on the side appears to be more grey than black, I know things fade in over 20 years but it definately looks like it was more grey originally than black!!!!!!

MiniGibbo

Photos would help.

welshpug

phase2 was dark grey specifically, rather than black.

breakers or possibly dealers would be the place to get the metal trim stripe.

as for the seats they sound like phase 1.5 1.9 seats, I dont think the cti came with leather, miles knows his CTi's though.

sounds like a cable is jamming on the heater box or controls.

Weser

CTi's didn't come with leather I am pretty sure.

Furyblade_Lee

Cheers guys, will upload some pics when I can thanks. will have a look at the heater controls too.

ALEX

Looks like the Cti was put together from a Peugeot parts bin, as there seems to be a mixture of phase 1, 1.5. in mine. which is an F plate with grey interior phase 1.3, what I call it. :P

I'm in the process of fitting an electric roof as it came with a manual one. I've managed to get all the bits but It looks like they only did electric roof with black interior. so I'm having to modify the rear quarter cards.

H Plate is about right though for black phase 1.7. ;)

The door cards are the same shape as the phase 1 (matal exposed at the top) regardles of the colour, same gose for the inside door handle and its surround.

The seats will have been material as mentioned, so someone will have fitted leather from an early Gti to yours.

The rear seats will need chamfering on the top corners to avoid the roof when it's down. (Though I'm not too sure if thats the case with the electric roof yet, as I've still to put mine back in).

Ive had mine modified and they look original, I'll include them in my project thread when I get them back in.

Cti's only came with 2 door speakers, I've got some 10cm ones that will fit in the rear quarter cards, but I'm now thinking 6x9 in the parcell shelf might be better,

The heater could be leaking air through the foam joints between the heater matrix and the dash & centreconsole. I found some 1/2" thick sticky back foam cut to shape to replace the original rotten stuff before the dash went back in.

If the fan is weak it could be the rheostat board next to the fan that needs replacing, about £35 ebay for an OE copy.

Furyblade_Lee

thanks Alex! There certainly seem to build them with whatever was laying around on the day! :-)