• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
NFS

Is This An Mot Failure?

NFS

Hi, i just remember that i didnt put the rear brake pipe securing clamp back on the rear beam i have, will that fail the mot if i dont have the below bit of metal?

IMG_1129_zps99f30c4a.jpg

jord294

They might have you on it not being secure

Anthony

If you have it as pictured with a flexi meeting a hard line, then yes, it should really fail on the brake line being insecure IMO as Jord says, although it will of course depend on the testers strictness and whether they even spot it.

Either way, it's not particularly clever as the flexi runs close enough to the inner arch as it is without it being able to move around, potentially risking fatiguing the hard line over time in the process. Get the retaining bracket fitted, regardless of whether it passes the MOT or not.

It you have it as per later 306's etc with a hard line all the way to the caliper, then it will be fine.

NFS

i have a flexi pipe meeting to a hard copper line but with no bracket to hold it on, im just not sure where i put the brakets and i need to mot it on friday lol. i will try and find them. they will go on regaurdless

Anthony

If you can't find them, then I should have a couple that I can pop in the post tomorrow for you 1st class so you get them Friday - free, just cover the postage cost.

NFS

Thanks, doesnt look like its getting MOT'd this week, been let down. i will have a hunt on the weekend if i cant find them then i will take you up on your offer Anthony! thanks