• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Bovien

309 Pas Equal To 205 Gti Pas?

Bovien

Does the 309 PAS the same direct 3,2 rounds steering as the 205 GTI?

I would like to convert my 205 manual rack to a sharper PAS rack without the assist but I can't find a 205 PAS LHD rack anywhere. Xsara and ZX hasn't been possible either. So.. will the 309 rack (should it be from a GTI or not?) help me get a more direct steering than the 3,9 turns on a manual 205 rack?

Anthony

205 and 309 PAS racks are basically the same, other than slightly longer track rods on the 309 rack.

You can interchange them fine, so a 309 PAS rack will go on a 205. Remember you need the matching lower column / UJ part, as this is different on PAS equipped models and is unique to 205/309 PAS models.

Bovien

Yep, thanks. I know I need the lower column. So, just to sure that I understand; the 306 PAS rack does not need to be a GTI item and it is still 3,2 turns and therby much sharper than the 3,9 from the manual 205 rack?

Anthony

309 rack - a 306 rack is different.

As far as I know, all 205/309 PAS racks are 3.2 turns.

Bovien

sorry, ment 309 yes..

Thanks.. It's just that would be quite annoying to finally source a rack, do the switch and have the same steering...

Tom Fenton

Before you buy any replacement rack check the physical turns- either by the steering wheel or a spanner on the rack pinion. Count the turns.

• Like 1

Bovien

If possible, that is a good idea. I'm fairly sure that I won't find anything close by sadly..

jackherer

Ask the seller to count the turns, I've done that loads of times and they usually will if you ask nicely ;)

Bovien

Will do. Thanks for the idea