• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Bogsye

Rear Beam Bearing Diameters

Bogsye

Ive got to extract the inner bearings from the beam and need to make a puller.

Can anyone advise the outer diameter of the bearing please.

Only got a couple suitable plates to cut down, otherwise I'd trial and error it..

Thanks in advance!

jord294

If you have an old trailing arm shaft you can use that

Bogsye

Thanks Jord - I'll have them surplus later on, but at the moment I need the bearings out first, so still plan A.

Anyone else know the outer dia?

Thanks

Tom Fenton

I have a piece of steel pipe about 6ft long, I find the easiest way to do the inners is to push them away from you first of all, you'll see the beam tube narrows down to the diameter for the inner bearing then flares out again, you can push the inner bearing into the central part of the tube, then spin it 90 deg and shove it through and out the other end.

Anthony

As above - that's how I do it.

I don't have the bearing sizes to hand, but if you base it on being the same size as the larger end of the trailing arm shaft (ie the bit that's pressed into the arm) then that should work for the inner bearing.

pug_ham

I remove the inner bearings in the same method as Tom & Anthony but have also done it using an old trailing arm shaft to push them into the middle of the tube.

Six & two threes tbh but to make a puller the inner bearing outside diameter is approx 49mm.

g

Bogsye

Many thanks guys for your collective input - appreciated.

I'll give the pulling a shot first, as it's probably a trial for fitting new bearings, and getting the puller up to scratch (that makes it sound sophisticated)

Thanks again,

Brian