• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnhenry

Interior Vibration...enough Is Enough

johnhenry

afternoon

cars had the interior out, was bad before it came out in terms of vibration, the odd squeak im fine with, but the 1500rpm vibration is infuriating (i know its french it comes with the territory).

I've got it going back onto standard engine mounts, other than the bottom one (Baker BM), which im going to drill a couple of holes in.

other than that, anyone got any recommendations to stop the vibrations? silicone sealant between any notorious panels? foam padding between pieces?

Cheers

John

welshpug

fit standard peugeot bottom engine mount, remove rattly mechanical 8 valver and fit modern engine, which typically come with more valves.

• Like 1

woodymi16

I had this fitted originally but couldn't live with the vibration so replaced it with an original Peugeot item. All the other upgraded ones where left in and the vibration is ok now. But I do have 16v not 8v!

johnhenry

woody - ive got a new stock mount/bush in the garage for that one, and its a fairly straight forward removal/replacement by the looks of things

typically the other bottom engine mount is the most laborious one to remove/fit - tempted to drill a 3/4 holes in it similar to the original just to see if it quietens it down before having to remove it completely

however, the small weeping from the gearbox oil will mean that its going to have to have its box oil drained again to fit a new washer, so might as well have the shafts out and get the mount done whilst im there!

WP - i do not like this talk of removing the faithful 8 valve, even with its iffy oil pressure, lumpy idle and other bad habits haha (ps - finally making my way into Jeff @ lookers tomorrow morning!)

Tom Fenton

How long has the bbm mount been in, they are harsh for the first 1000 miles or so but then they do bed in ok.

johnhenry

the top two bbm mounts have been on for about 800 miles now, the bottom one about 500, noticed it get a little softer over the last hundred, but its still miles off where i want it to be really.

jord294

Fit o/e top mount and gearbox mount.

Keep the stiffer bottom mount, but fit the new o/e bush to the fork.

I'd also recommend shimming the buffers on the top mount if the engine tends to still rock a bit

• Like 2

johnhenry

Fit o/e top mount and gearbox mount.

Keep the stiffer bottom mount, but fit the new o/e bush to the fork.

I'd also recommend shimming the buffers on the top mount if the engine tends to still rock a bit

got the gear and top mount and two o/e shims coming tomorrow so will attempt to swap them over tomorrow along with the lower bush, the drive to mold will be nice drive to bed them in! fingers crossed that makes it go away!

2052NV

I ditched the Grp A lower fork bush aswell as the vibration was beyond annoying. Was amazed how much difference that little bush made. Its still bloddy annoying so im going for a full set of standard mounts and shim'd top mount combo and see how that goes

johnhenry

fitted O/E top mount, gearbox mount and the lower mount/bush, my god what a difference. much less vibration, back to how it used to be, just a little to make it feel 90's french, but not so much its annoying.

job jobbed!

Batfink

If you want an updated fork bush then a peugeot sport one is a good all rounder