• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Roon

Indicator Headache

Roon

Please help loosing my mind.

Basically indicators last few days have slowly stopped working. Been intermitent and pretty much stopped today.

I replaced the relay yesterday with a brand new one worked a treat and as soon as I went to work they gave up.

The only way I can get then to work is my flicking the hazards on and off in no particular order and that gets them going. Does the actual hazard button play part of the circuit? Or is it the stalk?

Lights work perfectly well.

And my second issue is fuel. When I prime the ignition it comes up to about half a tank. But when I turn the car on it comes up to literally just above the quarter. But I'm sure I have around the half a tank mark!

When I brake for a period I notice that the gauge goes up a little come off the brakes and it goes back down.

Please help and give me some options to try. So close to selling this. Driving me up the wall!

jackherer

You've worked it out yourself, the hazard switch is part of the circuit so it is that at fault. I think they are still available new from Peugeot and as I posted in another thread recently the same switch is used in the Lotus Elise so they should be available for a while elsewhere too.

The fuel gauge issue is probably a bad earth, the one in the nearside rear quarter I imagine. Its accessed from the boot, look behind the rear light.

• Like 1

Roon

Thanks dude yeah it was just a guess. 15 qui for a hazard switch tho on eBay. New shall be expensive.

Ill look at the earth as I fixed my brake light on the weekend and really is say that was when it played up. Just does my nut fixing one thing and more break!

jackherer

Is that £15 for a used one? I'd give it a miss if so, there is no guarantee it's not going to fail in the same way tomorrow.

The Peugeot part number is 0000655321 WARNING SWITCH and it's £23.05 inc. VAT which isn't too bad.

Roon

Exactly mate! I bought a new cluster as brake light was fudged and it Didnt work at all. So wasted 20 quid and my time.

That's brilliant thanks for that ill get that orders right away. Is that for the phase 1.5, 2 type as that's what mine is.

Miles

Early 106 & 306 ones are the same, you can just swap the front over or I've used all the 306 switch's in mine

dcc

I have a used, but known working one - £12 posted ;)

jackherer

Is that for the phase 1.5, 2 type as that's what mine is.

Yes, 1988 onwards.

chipstick

If you place a wanted add to keep within the rules I can offer you a cheap one.