• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
BDA-it

Gti Seat Seems Higher Than Rallye One.

BDA-it

Ive jsut put some GTI seats into my Rallye, i have swapped the passenger seat onto the drivers seat frame as it is a better seat!

It does seem that i am now sitting higher up in the car than i did when the orignal rallye seats were in the car!

Are the Rallye and GTI fames different or are the passenger and driver seats different??

Thanks in advance!

Ash

welshpug

rallye seat is just a gti seat in black cloth, so unless its severely collapsed, or someone has fitted a 5 door non tilt arrangement to it, it should be the same.

Anthony

You tend to find that different seats have sagged differing amounts over the years, and hence two otherwise identical seats can feel quite different to sit in height wise. Different subframes (3dr vs 5dr) and whether the seat spacers are fitted can make a noticeable difference too as Mei says.

BDA-it

Ok thanks, it is the 3 door tipping type of frame! Are there any tricks on getting it lower?

Anthony

Use a 5dr subframe (or remove the tilt mechanism from the 3dr one), and remove the black plastic spacers that sit between the subframe and carpet - I would suggest putting a washer in place otherwise you'll find that the subframe won't slide properly as it'll foul on the carpet.

While the seats are out, it would be worth checking the shell where the subframes bolt down, as it can crack - usually around the rear holes next to the handbrake, and the front one nearest the door with the captive nut.

BDA-it

Ok thaks ill have a look at taking the tilt mechanism off the current frame!

Thanks

BDA-it

Thanks again chaps, removed the tilt system and bolted it back in bit of a fidle but got it done and its much better for me!

Cheers