• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Arwing

Fitting Mud Flaps

Arwing

Hi all,

I'm ordering some mud flaps X 4 for the 205. The make is Grayston from a site called rallynuts.com. I have to order the brackets seperate. Anyone know how many brckets you need per mud flap? Also, does anyone have any advice on fitting mudflaps. Not sure if drilling is required? Not too keen on the idea of making permanent holes.

If anyone has done this in the past, can advise or show pics, i'd appreciate it. Cheers.

dirtdog

1 bracket per flap. I had the standard ones on mine when I bought it (although worse for wear so I took them off). I can't remember exactly how they mounted but there should be holes ready for them(on the front at least IIRC). I had fit some others temporarily and I dont remember drilling anything on the front. On the rear I recall screwing the outside edge to the rear bumper but apart from that i'm afraid I don't have a clue.

Just make sure that the screws/bolts etc are tight and not going to come loose on the motorway, causing a stink of rubber, pulling over and finding a nice new tread groove in my tyre like it did. Lesson learnt = dont let idiots near my car and preferably do it yourself even if you are lazy lol. In a nut shell just make sure you aren't going to get any rubbing etc