• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
omega

How Do You Remove A Face Off Stereo

omega

my mrs has a sony headunit in her car that I need to get out.in the old days you just used 2 bits of wire in a couple of holes that where in the unit and it popped out but how do you get these new units out as theres no holes?

iam sure its simple when you know how

MikeC

Prise off the surround, if it has a detachable face, and use two flat blades, one either side half way up, between the radio body and cage for holding it in. The removal clips were flat but had a dimple in the end to catch in a hole in the radio chassis.

• Like 1

Tom Fenton

You tube is your best thing for things like this, no matter what the topic there's a good chance someone out there will have made a video showing how to do it.

• Like 1

harryskid

You tube is your best thing for things like this, no matter what the topic there's a good chance someone out there will have made a video showing how to do it.

Well why not find it for him then?

Tom Fenton

Because I was posting from my phone whilst walkng the dog. What is your reason? At least I tried to help rather than just posting a childish comment.

• Like 3

omega

Prise off the surround, if it has a detachable face, and use two flat blades, one either side half way up, between the radio body and cage for holding it in. The removal clips were flat but had a dimple in the end to catch in a hole in the radio chassis.

thanks

thanks

never thought off you tube

omega

Well why not find it for him then?

thanks

but I did say face off as in removable front panel

but all help is welcome

will have a play tomorrow

• Like 1

MikeC

If you're stuck for a set of sony extractor forks, i can post ya over a set if ya cover postage.

That is if it is a standard ISO single din install. Some are screwed to brackets within the dash and have a lot more to remove.

A picture will tell a thousand words :ph34r:

TooMany2cvs

All the recent-ish ones I've removed have had a surround covering the prong holes. Take the faceplate off, then have a wiggle around with the edge - it'll be on those infuriating clips. Then it'll either be the U-shaped wire remover or there may be something proprietary. I think it's Pioneer that use something a bit like a long ~15mm wide flatblade screwdriver with some pimples on it.

Have a google armed with your model number, usually the manual PDFs are easily findable.

dch1950

Hi,
the release on mine was bottom left of the face plate. Press lightly and it will release, careful with the RHS though - i.e. lift from the left and then move to the left sligtly as it's a hook release.
see the piccy.

regards
Dave

Edited by dch1950

harryskid

Because I was posting from my phone whilst walkng the dog. What is your reason? At least I tried to help rather than just posting a childish comment.

I beg your pardon, i thought this was a car forum and every body is intitled to a view of free speech. I had no idea you were Multi tasking "un song hero" so to speak" so in keeping with your opinion of me and i suspect of some of the rest of us i'am a wank*r your most liked phrase as it happened i was trying to be helpfull . I hope we can move on Tom as i and a few friends are hoping to meet up with you at PugFest and buy you a beer! :)

Tom Fenton

You are fooling nobody pal, that's all I'm going to say.

• Like 1

harryskid

Well thats up to you but i'am not trying to fool anyone! Have a nice day! :)