• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
td_dan

Rear Arb Question

td_dan

hi im currently rebuilding my beam on the stdt and have a quick question

iv got a thicker set or arb and tbs from a gti do i need different arb plates or can i use the originals?

also what is the original distance between hub centre and arch?

welshpug

use the end plates that are on the arb already, though they will be the same,the nearside (left) end plate should be aligned properly before fitting if it is ever removed, this ensures the right hand one goes on in the right place.

as for that specific measurement I could not say, however 322mm between the damper bolts with the trailing arm supported seems to be the accepted standard ride height dimension for gti torsion bars.

td_dan

thanks welshpug there werent any plates on the gti arb thats why i asked so at least i can swap them over now

thanks again

pug_ham

Have you done this yet?

Reason I ask is I'm sure when I did my STDT beam to GTI spec (& the beam on jimistdt'd old one), the original rear arb on the STDT was only 16mm & had different end plates so you will need the correct GTI arb end plates to fit the arb into your beam.

g

Anthony

Non-GTi endplates will fit G, even though they are sometimes a slightly different design or thickness.

td_dan

i havent done it yet but i did check after welshpug said it was ok as i didnt want to force them at 1st but they do fit