• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bondyshambles

Passenger Side Window Stuck. How To Remove Motor ?

bondyshambles

Right then something else to fix. My passenger side electric window has always been slow going up but tonight it has completely packed in. So i have power to the motor as it will go down, but not up. It is stuck in the half way position. I have taken the door card off and there seems to be a few bolts to undo. I assume that the motor is foobarred but what do i do now? The window will still go down but is it the right thing to do (as in bring it all the way down) or do i leave it at the midway point to remove the motor etc. Which particular bolts hold in the motor as i can't really see? Love you all.....thanks in advance.

Also (i doubt it) but is there any sort of manual way of getting the window back up to the top?

Edited by bondyshambles

Simes

Check my guide on the main site to fixing this without having to do veryuch at all.

bondyshambles

Have found your guide and i will give it a blast tomorrow. Hope to God its this simple. Cheers.

bondyshambles

Well i tried it and it worked...well for a second. I managed to just about get the window fully shut. Tried it again and...nothing. Must be some dodgy French wiring and maybe not the switch though. I have disconnected the passenger side window from the drivers side and the passenger side switch too as mine is a daily and can't afford to have that happen again with our lovely weather. Will sort it in the holidays hopefully.

Cheers for the help.

Simes

Contrary to popular belief the wiring is good, It will be the switch!

Get some contact cleaner from Maplins or a new switch.