• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Tom_Gallington06

Offside Front Subframe Bolt Spinning

Tom_Gallington06

I have gone to remove my front subframe and have remove 5 bolts but the last one, the captive nut is spinning and the bolt won't undo obviously. After a while I ended up just grinding the head of the bolt to get the subframe of so I'm now left with the shank of the bolt and the spinning captive nut.

Has anyone got any advice as to how to sort this out. I assume its going to be a case of cutting off and welding??

Cheers Tom

• Like 1

Tom Fenton

You'll have to get the old remains out however you can. Once that is done you can buy a replacement captive insert from Peugeot that can be installed through the slot that is near to the hole in the bodywork.

Simes

Is it the bolt in the chassis leg or one of the two/three under the car?

If it's the latter lift up the carpet under the pedals or fusebox and located spinning captive nut.

EDIT: Topics merged.

Tom_Gallington06

It is the chassis leg one at the front. Where the one bolt goes in. So I just have to get the old bolt out then get a new captive but insert from peugeot :-) thanks for that. I have been stressing about it as I wanted my car back together before French car show and pugfest.

Cheers