• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DRTDVL

Koni Insert Into Factory Strut?

Anthony

Not done it with Koni's, but certainly that appears to be similar to what I presume Skip Brown do using Bilstein inserts.

welshpug

Don't Skip Brown use standard diameter spring Bilstein inverted struts simply re-valved to their spec?

I have a set of Bilstein "challenge" dampers and the insert appears to be the same type as my Group A type Bilsteins other than the length of the top thread.

A little different to what is described as they have a bush and are inverted, what's documented is very much like how 106/Saxo struts are assembled from the factory.

Have you looked into the cost of the inserts? Whilst you're at it you could fit a threaded sleeve as well :D

Anthony

Don't Skip Brown use standard diameter spring Bilstein inverted struts simply re-valved to their spec?

The body still has "Peugeot" stamped on it in the usual place and is subtly different to the usual B6 type Bilstein body.

The insert is a normal Bilstein type insert with the short threaded top - the two variants I've got are 200/80 (older) and 200/100 (newer) from memory.

DRTDVL

I have a set of Bilstein "challenge" dampers and the insert appears to be the same type as my Group A type Bilsteins other than the length of the top thread.

A little different to what is described as they have a bush and are inverted, what's documented is very much like how 106/Saxo struts are assembled from the factory.

Have you looked into the cost of the inserts? Whilst you're at it you could fit a threaded sleeve as well :D

If we run coilovers we need to get an engineering certificate basically saying they are ok - it's an annoying process and costs about $400 NZD to do... I was just thinking about something like this for a fast road car that might use the track occasional vs a full on track car.

The inserts i saw on summit for $340 USD - haven't really looked around for a cheaper price.