• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jarrus

306 Suspension On A 205

Jarrus

ive a koni suspension kit which i had on my 306 a while ago,

ive heard about suspension parts being interchangeable, but will it fit? its the 30-40mm lower springs and yellow adjustable shocks ,

also is it worth it? i dont want to end up with a car that still looks like a 4x4 and it riding stupidly.hard

cheers

Brett

johnnyboy666

not sure about aftermarket shocks, but I fitted some standard 306gti6 front shocks on my gt last year, and there seems to be a little extra length in the shock itself so the ride height rose quite a bit.

is it for the TD in your sig? I'm not sure what the front suspension is on the TD is it gti or base model spec? as the 306 drop link watsits are different if I recall ( not an issue on the base model suspension as you dont use them)

also, a 30-40mm drop on a 306 might not equate to the same drop on the 205 due to weight differences, but its too early in the morning for me to figure out if thatd make much difference in this situation!

Oh and you'll need to use the 205 topmounts

Rich_p

As mentioned the drop link tabs are in a different place. Fit them on a gti and this can happen..

Edited by Rich_p

Rich_p
2C4B29C1-FF1E-4FA3-979F-94F61B86754A-225

j_turnell

I ran gti-6 dampers on my gti for around 18 months with no issues, i have also recently fitted some to a TD. I'm not sure what ride height your after but i would imagine the koni springs to roughly work out to somewhere near standard ride height on a 205TD. Just bang them on and see what its like, if its not what your after you can always keep the dampers and get some different springs.

Jarrus

ok cheers for the reply lads :)

yes it is about the car in my sig,

it would appear that the td uses the gti front subframe

i plan on getting some 21mm rear torsion bars also...

Anthony

Might be better with a diesel boat anchor up front, but 306 35mm lowering springs sat very high when fitted to a 1.9 8v (alloy block) - at least an inch higher than standard!

Jarrus

would you say that would be to do with the spring rate or the spring length?

welshpug

both.

Wes

i am running gti6 black dampers on the front of my 205 and have never had a problem in the 2 or 3 years they have been on there.

allye

you running 205 eibach's wes?

Jarrus

cheers for the replys,

i guess i'll have to measure the springs i have then and compare them to my konis, gti springs are 330mm?