• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
shooter mcgavin

Body To Beam Flexi Pipe Sizes

shooter mcgavin

I bought this flexi pipe kit to suit my gti6 calipers and although I've not yet fitted the rear shock brackets I'm pretty sure the rear pipes are a smidgen too short. I was under the impression 205/309/306 rear pipes where all the same length

F3D9DCD6-056D-4697-ADFB-15B72123B50A-462

2C236463-9C35-4C82-943F-A5ABA059A0E0-323

D2CF9A73-8234-4809-93E7-B0BA2ECAE7D5-323

welshpug

306 are a fair bit shorter due to the location of the brackets.

Do hope you didnt buy them from swampy...

shooter mcgavin

My last ones I bought from swampy and they where fine. I logged back onto 306owners after been away for quite a while to get them from swampyn but I'm not paying for my membership.

I got these from eBay, looks wait I've wasted my money as the front are wrong too. The nut where they meet the copper pipe s too small for the bracket :-(

welshpug

swapmy sells on ebay too.

product is fine, seller...

base model and 1.9 hoses are 254mm both sides, 1.6 is 230mm on left side.

306 uses 194mm left, 240mm right, later with EBD uses 194mm both sides.

shooter mcgavin

So you think a pair of 254mm will do the job?

It's a 1.6 with a 309 gti beam

I like these ones as they had a clear plastics over the pipe so should stay cleaner a little longer.

Where can I get just the rears

welshpug

if its piped up as a 1.6 still with a single line to the rear and a tee piece then you need the 1.6 lines.

I got mine from miles but I dont know if he does ones to suit your car, the hose he uses is made with a clear plastic coating rather than a slide on tube, also swaqed which is much more secure and technically MOT legal also.

Edited by welshpug

pug_ham

The last set of hoses I saw from Swampy for use on a GTI-6 conversion for a 205 had front hoses that were the same length as standard goodridge 205 GTI front flexi's & would be too short to pass an MOT, not to mention dangerously tight.

g

Tom Fenton

I know I'm like a stuck record but contact Brakes International in Rochdale. They made me a set of stainless braided lines with stainless end fittings, were not expensive either. A lot of the supplied braided hoses often have only have plated end fittings that will look grotty after a while. I am sure if you tell them what is required i.e. longer fronts they could help you out.

farmer

One thing i will say about brakes International the service is good but they certainly cocked up my order for slider bolts, didn't even come close to fitting!

shooter mcgavin

36848021-257C-4953-AC03-B3D3F4183457-323

I have piped it with one line to the rear then t'd but I'm pretty sure the distance from the body bracket to the damper bracket is the same in both sides

shooter mcgavin

I know I'm like a stuck record but contact Brakes International in Rochdale. They made me a set of stainless braided lines with stainless end fittings, were not expensive either. A lot of the supplied braided hoses often have only have plated end fittings that will look grotty after a while. I am sure if you tell them what is required i.e. longer fronts they could help you out.

Tom I think I'll give them a go, before I contact them I don't suppose you know exactly what I need to ask for, or will they know that size of ends are needed to locate into the brackets on the 205.

I think what I need is gti6 length on the front with the 205 end where it meets the metal pipe and I think for the rears standard 1.9 pipes.

Sorry guys I know it's like pulling teeth with me sometimes.