• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Telf

Replacing Door Locks

Telf

Hi all,

Some swine decided to have a go at my 205s door lock the other day so its totally wrecked. As i have a different iginition barrel to the doors Ive ordered a complete new ignition/lock set. Ive taken the door cards off and am wondering how to remove the door locks.

Ive got a 205 workshop manual but it doesnt shed any light on the subject. I can see that the barrel is held by a metal clip against the door and connects to the main locking mechanism. Before i start ripping the thing to bits can anybody give me any advice on the best way to complete this job

Thanks

JamesE

The clip slides off - it's a U shape with the door lock in the middle. I used a screw driver and hammer... Don't know if that's the best way tbh.

Be careful as door skin is like tissue paper

Telf

ok well its a good job i didnt start reomoving them, the lock set i ordered on ebay has been cancelled, and it looks like another month before they will have any in stock.

Hopefully I can find a set elsewhere!

JamesE

Lol!!