• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
martyn180

Genuine New Rear Bumper Clarification?

martyn180

Hi

just brought a new rear bumper off ebay that is suppose to be genuine from pug five?

However there are no holes for the red stripe clips, is this right that you have to make your own holes?

The texture seems ok, bit the edge finishes seem a little rough and seems to mark easily even with finger nail, and paid top dollar for a new bumper expecting it to be ready to go , no obvious peugeot numbers stamped on it just WoPlast, a few date circle marks and a serial number AC9222872980.

cheers

martyn

farmer

No i bought bumpers and they come with the holes !

At the dealer they are around £130 or so

welshpug

IIRC any bumper I have seen the rear of has Ofmegal moulded into it, it will be a hard fibreglass type material and will have the holes, I have also seen aftermarket ones of similar quality if a little lighter, and also plastic reproductions which were rather more flexible and not drilled, and significantly cheaper!

I do hope you did not pay any more than £30 if it is plastic and not drilled, an original pug one if you can find in stock is circa £100.

martyn180

Welshpug I brought it fro pugfive off ebay on the basis that its a genuine phase 2 bumper, so no wasn't expecting a £30.00 reproduction one as it was £125. odd.

Ebay case coming on I think...just need to prove they are false advertising

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Peugeot-205-GTi-Rallye-Griffe-Black-Rear-Bumper-741099-/261067854245?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cc8db51a5

welshpug

ahh good old paragonpug, in the past all he has done is buy stock from the reading or maidenhead dealer and sell on for profit on ebay so they may well be original equipment, but the description you've given certainly does not match my experience of an o.e item.

ORB

That's not OE

All pug stuff will be stamped with the date stamps and other stuff on the inside.

Slo

I had an engine mount off that robbing git and it didn't even fit, also paid top money for it and it wasn't genuine. To say the bumper is nfp and they have sold 3 and over 10 available rings alarm bells. Is your bumper hard and rigid or is it bendable/twistable?

farmer

He won't have over 10 in stock.

He will get an order and have a 3 day dispatch on it, V.O.R it for the next day and have it ready for the customer in that time scale.

Slo

I gathered that, thats why i said they have more than 10 available. I suppose most folks sell this way on ebay, find cheap parts, advertise them at LOLprice, customer pays, buy cheap parts, send em to buyer. Easy earner. Only problems is comebacks which is in this case

farmer

If you sell the correct parts wouldn't be an issue.

GTI6BOY

I purchased a front and rear bumper from Peugeot the other day and I had to drill out the holes

farmer

What part number did you buy?

martyn180

I had an engine mount off that robbing git and it didn't even fit, also paid top money for it and it wasn't genuine. To say the bumper is nfp and they have sold 3 and over 10 available rings alarm bells. Is your bumper hard and rigid or is it bendable/twistable?

It's hard and not bendy so does appear more hard fibre glass than plastic.

I purchased a front and rear bumper from Peugeot the other day and I had to drill out the holes

Who's the makers stamp inside? It does have date rings inside?

GTI6BOY

Would not have a clue buddy. It's on the car. They came in Peugeot bags, made from fibreglass. They were a bit shoddy round the edges. One of the side bolt holes was not drilled out and I had to grind the back of the bolt to get the strip to sit flush. I also had to drill all strip holes

farmer

Would not have a clue buddy. It's on the car. They came in Peugeot bags, made from fibreglass. They were a bit shoddy round the edges. One of the side bolt holes was not drilled out and I had to grind the back of the bolt to get the strip to sit flush. I also had to drill all strip holes

Sounds dodgy to me.

GTI6BOY

I purchased a few bumpers over the years and this is the first I've had to modify but fits perfectly once done

martyn180

Maybe good old cost cutting exercise . The bumper is pretty rigid to be fair to it, just suprised that holes need to be drilled

farmer

Mail Scott Barton on this, he has new ones for sale on Ebay and he will tell you if his has holes.

Edited by farmer

Henry Yorke

I have bought a genuine phase 2 GTI front bumper from a Peugeot dealer that I went in and physically collected and had to drill the holes in it myself. Genuine ones are heavy and solid. I have just looked if I had any pics of it when fitting, but alas I don't. Sorry Martyn

• Like 1