• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
shorty_15-92

Xud7 & Xud9 Camshafts

shorty_15-92

Does anyone have the specs (or know where i can get them) for the camshafts of the XUD7 & XUD9 engines?

Im looking for stuff like lift height and degrees the valves are open etc.

Cheers :)

dirtdog

I'm looking for the same kind of info aswell, hopefully an explanation of what it will do to my engine aswell. Can I ask why you need this information shorty?

I think the 1.7 lobes are sharper (taller)...I could be wrong but I know that they are diffrent. 'Strictly derv' on here said at somepoint that he had them side by side and there is a noticeable difference.

shorty_15-92

I was looking at possibly putting the XUD9 cam into the XUD7 (depending on the difference between them), or ifd they were the same, get the piper cam kit for XUD9.

I guess we'll have to do some more googleing :unsure:

dirtdog

I was looking at doing the same thing. I have the xud7 but want to intercool it so a xud9 cam with vac pump will be needed.

Hopefully someone on here who knows exactly how engines work and can tell us what effect a diffrent cam will have on them.

I did hear at some point a guy did it and it never ran right again..but maybe he done something wrong. Either way it kind of put me off playing with a diffrent cam.

I belive the early 405s came with xud7s so I was hoping to find one of those and also wishfully thinking the shaft driven vac pump was fitted rather than the belt driven.

shorty_15-92

I know what changing the cams will change etc, i just dont know how the lobes differ. Mine has the vac pump on the cam, im just looking at the performance side of things.

kernowjoe

I'm pretty sure they are the same, some na 205 have the same vac set up to the xud9 also.

Personally I'm just going to drop the complete xud9 into my 205 save the hassle

• Like 1